Sat, Apr 29|
No Thyme to Cook: Bay Cuisine Reimagined
"We are excited to welcome groundbreaking chef, author of the original Chesapeake Bay Cookbook, owner of Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen at the Baltimore Museum of Art and PBS television host, John Shields to the NTTC kitchen..."
Time & Location
Apr 29, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Solomons, 14624 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons, MD 20688, USA
About the event
We are excited to welcome groundbreaking chef, author of the original Chesapeake Bay Cookbook, owner of Gertrude’s Chesapeake Kitchen at the Baltimore Museum of Art and PBS television host, John Shields to the NTTC kitchen. His expertise in Maryland food traditions sheds light on the virtue of eating seasonal food grown locally, through recipes that highlight the Chesapeake Bay region's bounty and cooking style, an integral part of the mission at his non-profit, Our Common Table. In this special class, Chef John will divulge some of his insights into strategically supporting Maryland-based watermen, farmers, and small businesses with delightful farm-to-table eating.Menu
- Blue Catfish "Cattie" complete with instructions on making "salt cat",
- Wild Caught Shrimp, Maryland Crabmeat & Rockfish Stew - a Chesapeake-style bouillabaisse,
- Black Rock Orchard Slab Pie,
- & a specialty cocktail made with some local hootch.
Great cooking is about more than just recipes—it's about celebrating culinary experiences with a foodie community. In this class, our professional chef instructor will show you how to create this fabulous menu, as well as offer you an exciting opportunity to assist in the kitchen.
- Instructor: Guest Chef John Shields
- Length: Approximately 3 hours
- Format: Demonstration. Class will be taught by the instructor. Everyone in the class will be able to enjoy the menu items made at the conclusion of the demonstration.
- Restrictions: Ages 16 and older. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
All students will receive 10% off any scheduled public class(es) purchased that evening.Experience Options
- General Admission: Arrive up to one hour before the start of class.
- Happy Hour: Our bar will be open for Happy Hour one hour before the start of class. Your first drink will be 25% off!
- Allergies: We will attempt to accommodate any true medical allergy with advance notice. Please indicate allergies when completing ticket purchase.
No Thyme to Cook: Stir Up Your Inner Chef